Are you wanking me? I just spent an hour and a half doing this stupid placement test for Japanese, that has to be done by tomorrow, and it glitched and didn’t send me my results. If I have to do it again, I am not going to be happy.
This is not helping my mood right now.
I JUST GOT A REALLY TERRIBLE MARK FOR MY LAST SEMESTER OF FRENCH. I THOUGHT I DID REALLY WELL I DON’T UNDERSTAND. I’M SO UPSET. I DON’T CARE HOW MELODRAMATIC I’M BEING; I CAN’T HANDLE BAD MARKS.
EXCUSE ME WHILE I GO AN DROWN MY SORROWS IN HOBBNOBS AND GIN.
Thai Language : ฉันเริ่ด
in Japanese 「あたしって（俺って）最高!」 as casual expression
(obscene vers) Я охуеннен! [male vers.] — Я охуенна! [female vers.]
(decent vers.) Я потрясающий! [male] — Я потрясающая! [female]
French: Je suis fabuleux (man). Je suis fabuleuse (woman). Or “laisse tomber, tu ne m’arrives pas à la cheville!”
Spanish: Soy Fabuloso!
Cantonese: 我真係冇得頂 ;)
If you say so, Amy:
i’m finally going to do this, and i will sit here for as long as it takes to come up with five because this is going to be a challenge lmfao D;
- I can bake some half-decent biscuits when i have a spare day
- sometimes i manage to write some not-immensely-bad original fic/fanfic. when i’m not busy being the physical embodiment of trash, that is orz
- i can complete a rubiks cube in around a minute
- i am a professional procrastinator
- and as such i can complete essays and reports with less than 24 hours to the deadline ;3 (may or may not have a breakdown in the process but hey ho???)
OKAY SO THIS TOOK AN ENTIRE SOUNDTRACK TO COMPLETE.
ALSO I CAN’T CHOOSE 10 PEOPLE RIGHT NOW SO EVERYONE SHOULD DO THIS. EVERYONE. ALL OF YOU. EVERY SINGLE ONE.
1. I get some pretty cute dimples when I smile.
2. I make really good cups of tea.
3. I don’t care how boastful it is: I am above average at learning languages and linguistics. (Semester results were released yesterday. Hellllo 95 for linguistics)
4. I go out of my way to be nice to people. I like it when people are nice to me, so I should do it back. It makes me happy.
5. I’m really reliable and punctual. You want me to pick you up and take you to the airport at 3 in the morning? I will do it and I will make sure that you are there at exactly the right time. You’re trapped in the shower because there’s a huntsman spider blocking your path out? Call me from your prison and I will drive to your house and kill that thing for you. Then make you a really good cup of tea and help you through the trauma.
pairing: shishio ო suzume.
notes: i know it’s mamura’s bday but this edit broke my heart, and then some. also, so many awesome shizume shippers are editing/fanworking for mazume, so i thought i’d spread some love. shishio-centric.
You fall in love all wrong—with too much of yourself, with more than you have and more than you are. You spend a lot of your life alone: your parents work from morning to night, and while you’re bright enough for acquaintances you’re not open enough for friends. Your closest allies are in books: manga-heroes and novel-warriors, ever-smiling, with their hearts bare and their hands always outstretched.
You will never be like them. You build a mask along your skin—it lines your smile like moon-beam and covers your eyes like mist. You never let anyone know how you’re feeling. It’s more out of habit than anything, a premature act of self-preservation. You don’t know where you fit into the world, so you enter it as someone else.
I JUST REALISED THAT I ONLY HAVE ONE WEEK UNTIL UNI GOES BACK. I’M NOT EMOTIONALLY PREPARED FOR THIS SHIT YET OMG.
Edit: AND RESULTS ARE OUT. I AM SO UNORGANISED!
the fact that there are animals who can see colors that i cant which means that there are colors that exist that it is literally impossible for me to envision is such fucking bullshit that i wanna rip open a couch and eat it
Humans have 3 types of rods for processing color (red green and blue). Mantis Shrimp have 16.
You know that it’s highly possible that there are other people who can perceive colours that you might not even realise exist?
There’s this idea called the Sapir-Whorf Hypothesis that suggests that there are certain thoughts and thought processes of a person one language, that cannot be comprehended by individuals who come from a different language background. So basically, they way you think is governed by your language.
At the time, it was a pretty highly regarded (and highly controversial, at least on Chomsky’s part. But he was controversial about everything), but today most linguists can agree that native language does, somewhat loosely, have an effect on an individuals thought process.
To make a really interesting topic short and to the point, languages that have specific words to distinguish between colours can perceive those far more easily than those that don’t. There’s a language that doesn’t have you distinct lexical words for ‘green’ and ‘blue’, and thus, can’t easily perceive the difference when presented with the two colours. However, they have two words to describe shades of green that are so close that people people can’t tell the difference between them. They have no issue pointing out the differing colours. There’s nothing different about the people’s vision, but it’s simply how they innately understand colour variation based off of their mother tongue.
If you’re interested, check this video out, or read up on it. It’s really interesting, and I’m not even being biased.
“I’m a writer” I whisper as I look up war statistics
“I’m a writer” I whisper as I look up when the blender was invented
“I’m a writer” I whisper as I figure out how many times you can get shot without dying
“I’M A WRITER” I shout when someone uses my laptop and I left the page open to stab-wound references.
“I’M A WRITER!” I yell as I stare at a wall for hours instead of actually writing.